Ľahká turistika From the highest situated…
Pieniny is a landscape of the geomorphological area of the Eastern Beskid Mountains, being geologically separate and the only independent mountain range that is made up of the band.
The territory is located in the northern part of Spiš, also called Zamagurie. In the past, mostly Slovaks, Gorali, Ruthenians, Poles and Jews, Germans and Roma lived in the area.
Pieniny is the mountain massif of the gill band and the highest peak is the High Rocks, reaching 1050 m above sea level. On the territory of Slovakia there are high peaks High (1 013 m above sea level), Vrchriečky (966 m above sea level), Kýčera (954 m above sea level), Fakľovka (934 m above sea level), Šejchovka (899 m above sea level), Plašná (889 m above sea level ), Rabštín (842 m above sea level) and Holica (828 m asl), on the Polish side are the most attractive Sokolica (747 m above sea level) and the Three Crowns (Polish: Trzy corona (982 m above sea level)). Tourist attractions are the limestone cliffs of Haligovské skály and the surroundings of the Red Monastery.
Protected areas in Pieniny
Part of the territory of Pienin is declared national parks. In Poland, it is Pieninski Park Narodowy (PPN) and Pieninski National Park (PIENAP) in Slovakia. In the west, in Poland, the national park begins with the Green Skals above the water of the dam of Čorštýn, and continues through the Čorštýn castle to the east, through Macel Mountain, Nová hora, Tri Koruna, Sokolic and ends with Bystrík, on the right side of the Danube, . On the Slovak side, the National Park begins with Hôrka and Uhliska nad Červeným Kláštorom and continues through the Kláštorská Mountain, Plašná with Haligovské rocks, Holice and Little Pieniny eastwards to the Vrchličky Hill on which the territory of the National Park ends.
In the past, small-scale protected areas were located in the national park, but since 2004 they have been replaced by a national park zone, and the Pienin National Park has four zones. Zone A with the fifth degree of protection, zone B with the fourth degree of protection, zone C with a third degree of protection and zone D, consisting of the intravilanes and development areas of the municipalities of Červený Kláštor, Haligovce and Lesnica, with the second degree of protection.
Pienins are divided into three parts:
- Spišské Pieniny, between the White Water valley and the Dunajec Dam near Niedzic. The highest peak is Branisko (Polish: Żar (879 m asl))
- Central Pieniny (called Pieniny only), from Niedzic to the Danube between Sromowce Niżnymi and Szczawnica (Three Crowns, Holica and Sokolica).
- Malé Pieniny, reaching the Poprad valley, the highest peak of the High Rocks (1,050 m above sea level), the highest peak of Pienin.
The most visited tourists are Tri Crowns and Sokolica on the Polish side and the beautiful Prielom Dunajca (National Nature Reserve proclaimed in 1967 (originally in 1932), 360 ha) on the Slovak side. The Danube River is situated between the towns of Červený Kláštor and Lesnica. It is the most valuable territory of Pienin, with deep canyons, with meanders buried deep into the rocks, rocky crevices and inaccessible beaches. Tourist attraction is also the Danube floating on the plains with original Goral music.
When visiting Pienin, he also does not have to miss a visit to the castle in Niedzica, which is currently overlooking the dam. But at the time, the river Dunajec, which in this part formed the border between Hungary and Poland, flowed through it. In contrast to the castle Niedziča, there is a ruin of the castle in Czorsztyn. These castles were boundary forts.
The Pienap National Park (PIENAP) in Slovakia was declared in 1967 on an area of 2,125 hectares, extended in 1997 to 3,750 hectares. In Poland, Pieniński Park Narodowy (PPN) was declared on 23 May 1932 on an area of 760 hectares, extended in 1955 to 2 231 hectares. The seat of the Pienap Administration is in Red Cloister. Headquarters The PPN Administration is in Krościenok nad Dunajcem.
Tourists can stay either in the guest houses of Červenom Kláštore, Majeroch or in the Polish villages or in two hotels in the only town of Zamaguria in Spišská Stará Ves.