Castles

The rich history of Liptov also documents the remains and ruins of the majestic castles, which in the past formed the administrative centers of the area. These huge ruins are covered with a lot of legends and legends. Medieval life in castles, combat actions, knight struggles are trying to preserve the group of Rytieri magistra Donča, who chose Likava castle for its seat. The Historical Fencing Group PANI VÁHU AND TATIER from Liptovský Mukuláš also actively operates.


LIPTOV'S CASTLE

Also called Liptov Castle, Liptovský Old Castle, Liptovsky Grand Castle, Sielnický Castle. He gave the name to the whole region. His name is probably due to the original owner of the Ľubo-Ľubtov castle, Ľubtov, later on Liptov. 

Check out our trip to Liptov's castle.

The preserved foundations of the castle, situated in an extreme position on the top called Castle in Chočské vrchy at an altitude of 1000m, are accessible. Its ruins prove the ground plan and functions of the feudal settlement, which was destroyed and abandoned in the 15th century. The castle was built in the second quarter of the 13th century. The first written mention of it is from 1262. Originally it was royal and should protect the borders of the country. Initially, the deputy of the Electoral Bathrobe resided here. At the beginning of the 14th century, probably belonged to Matúš Čák, in the years 1313-1337 to the elected royal janitor, Master Donč. Around 1340 the Zvolen County disintegrated into smaller counties that had their castles as administrative centers. Liptov Castle became the Liptov Castle, which from 1396 is also known as the Magnum catrum (Magnum castrum Liptovience). In 1397 the castle was occupied by the Moravian Margaret Prokop and the Opole Prince Vladislav, adherents of the Czech King Václav IV. In 1399, King Zigmund highlights the merits of the tendrils at the defense of the castle and rewards them by donations in Liptov and in the Minsk region. Thus, 1406 Mikuláš Gara received the castle and the rank of Liptovský župan. The castle in 1441 probably occupied the Hussites. It is possible to deduce from the donation of King 1440 and 1441 to Ladislav Rikolfi from Šarišská Kamenice, where the new owner has the right to repair the castle. Rikolfi was indicted in 1445 and imprisoned. In 1447, the king rebuked him with the fact that the castle, which was the center of the wolfish expeditions, was a blow. The 1453 Charter lists only a deserted place. In the following year 1454 John Hunyady donated Pongrácovcom estates in Liptov. Besides Likave and Liptovský Hrádok, Liptov Castle with the demand for its repair. In 1459 King Matej Korvin donated all three Liptov castles and Orava Castle to Petrov Komorský, whom he named as Liptovský and Orava župan. But the Komorowski joined a rebellious nobility sympathetic to the Polish kings. Matej Korvin, after concluding the Spišskonovovsky peace in 1474 with the king of Poland Vladislav Jagelovský, took the Komorovský properties and the buildings and walls of Liptov Castle were demolished down to the foundations. For over five hundred years, the castle's foundations were dense by a thick forest, only the relief relief and the rest of the only wall marking the place where the castle stood. Between 1975 and 1987, archaeological research was carried out and the foundations of the buildings were preserved. whom he named the Liptov and Orava bathrobes. But the Komorowski joined a rebellious nobility sympathetic to the Polish kings. Matej Korvin, after concluding the Spišskonovovsky peace in 1474 with the king of Poland Vladislav Jagelovský, took the Komorovský properties and the buildings and walls of Liptov Castle were demolished down to the foundations. For over five hundred years, the castle's foundations were dense by a thick forest, only the relief relief and the rest of the only wall marking the place where the castle stood. Between 1975 and 1987, archaeological research was carried out and the foundations of the buildings were preserved. whom he named the Liptov and Orava bathrobes. But the Komorowski joined a rebellious nobility sympathetic to the Polish kings. Matej Korvin, after concluding the Spišskonovovsky peace in 1474 with the king of Poland Vladislav Jagelovský, took the Komorovský properties and the buildings and walls of Liptov Castle were demolished down to the foundations. For over five hundred years, the castle's foundations were dense by a thick forest, only the relief relief and the rest of the only wall marking the place where the castle stood. Between 1975 and 1987, archaeological research was carried out and the foundations of the buildings were preserved. He took away the Komorov property and the buildings and walls of Liptov Castle were demolished to the foundations. For over five hundred years, the castle's foundations were dense by a thick forest, only the relief relief and the rest of the only wall marking the place where the castle stood. Between 1975 and 1987, archaeological research was carried out and the foundations of the buildings were preserved. He took away the Komorov property and the buildings and walls of Liptov Castle were demolished to the foundations. For over five hundred years, the castle's foundations were dense by a thick forest, only the relief relief and the rest of the only wall marking the place where the castle stood. Between 1975 and 1987, archaeological research was carried out and the foundations of the buildings were preserved. 

You can reach the ruins of Liptovský Castle along the marked path from the village of Kalameny. Archeological exposition in the nature of the Liptov castle above the village of Kálameny is an exposition of the Liptov Museum in Ruzomberok. The rest of the exposed architecture is accessible to the public after building-conservative adaptations based on archaeological research. Entrance to the castle is free. For more information visit 


CASTLE IN LIPTOVSKÝ HRÁDOK

The ruin of a Gothic castle with a connected Renaissance castle stands on a small elevation in the middle of the plane from which it was originally dug by the water ditch. It is located north of the city on the D-1 highway. Originally there was a lowland castle with a water pavement that was preserved in the form of a pond. The castle was built around 1312 around an older watchtower on an important journey. It belonged to the royal property, in 1433 it was conquered by the Hussites, later occupied by the sparklers and even then changed the owners. From 1453 he belonged to Pongrákovcom, then to Štefan Zápoľský, 1478 to Jan Korvín, 1485 to Imrich and Štefan Zápoľský and Štefan's widow Hedvige Tešinská, 1521 to John Zápolský, 1527 to John and Alex Thurzov. During the rebuilding of the lower castle to a Renaissance manor, several owners took part in the short period 1600-1603, with the reconstruction started by the Balassites, ended by Šandorfovci and the buildings were used by Pongráčovci since 1604. The greatest strategic role he had during the period of the Estonian uprisings in the 17th century. The Major Emperor General built a strong defense against the insurgents of Franz Rákoczi. He extended it to the surrounding hills, where he built massive valleys and bastions. The bastion at the Castle Hill was a guarded guard of Hrádek itself. In 1709 there was a battle between the insurgents and the imperial troops who resisted the onslaught even though the castle in these struggles was insurmountable to the insurgents, but the surrounding villages (Vavrišovo, Liptovský Peter and Svätý Duch) were destroyed in the foundations. From 1703, Jan Lichtenstein's castle was rebuilt, after his death, he bought the castle. From 1762 he was the center of the Comorian Likavsko-hrádockého manor. This was the focus of the administration of forestry enterprises, metallurgy and ironmongery, as well as forestry offices, around which, in the second half of the 18th century, and in the 19th century. has formed a wide area. The castle was burned down in 1803 and the castle was restored. The upper castle in 1930 partially secured before the collapse.

Currently the castle is used for recreational purposes and there is a stylish accommodation and a restaurant www.grandcastle.sk.


CASTLE LIKAVA

The largest castle in Liptov. The ruin of the castle is on the outskirts of Přední Choč at an altitude of 657m. The castle was built in 1315, when Liptov belonged to the large Zvolen county, which was run by the Pustý castle near Zvolen. It was intended to guard the passage through Váh near Ruzomberok and a significant journey from Považia to Orava and Poland. It was built by the prestigious magistrate donor robot Donč. In the years 1431 to 1434 he was in the hands of the Hussites, since 1435 he was owned by the Hunyaders. At that time the castle entered the north quadrangular tower, which had the same dating. The castle was a relatively modest mansion, the vaults were only in the basement, the other rooms had wooden ceilings, the only glass windows were made by glassworks made by the glassworks in Ľubochnianska dolina in the Middle Ages belonging to the castle. The original upper castle in the second half of the 15th century. rebuilt and built a four-storey palace in the northwest. In 1474, after the demolition of the Liptov Castle, it became a center of extensive royal estates in the western part of Liptov. From 1478 he belonged to John, the illegitimate son of King Matej Korvin, at the turn of the 15th and 16th centuries. Zápoľský. In the 16th century were the owners of Krušičovci and in the second half of the 16th century. Illesházyovci. Renaissance modifications, especially in the southwestern part of the castle, concerned with fortification systems, in 1642 a new entrance to the eastern gate was established. The youngest building intervention was the construction of fortifications on the south and west (1678 and around 1700). Since 1651, part of the property belonged to Thőkőlyovcom and after the Thőkőly rebellion was suppressed in 1670, the castle was destroyed. At that time the army was housed and served as a county jail. The castle was in the beginning of the 18th century. the devastation of the fighting of the Estonian uprisings between the Rákoczian and Emperor forces, which they conquered in the autumn of 1707 and destroyed the order of František Rakóczi II. Since then, he has been in ruins. 

Since 1980, archaeological research and preservation work has been carried out. A tourist walk from Ruzomberok leads to the castle.

Opening hours

1.5. - 31.5.

Sat - Sun 10.00 - 16.00

1.6. - 18.9.

Mo - Su 9.00 - 17.00

9.19 - 2.10.

Mon - Sun 10.00 - 16.00

Pricelist of Likava Castle

Contact:
email: liptmuzeum@mail.t-com.sk
tel.: 044/ 432 24 68, 430 35 33
www.liptovskemuzeum.sk 


Discussion Facebook, Twitter, Google alebo Disqus